Property investing is not always easy and it can take some time before you see any great returns, because of this it’s easy to get discouraged and lose focus over the long term.
Even in my short investing journey to date, there’s been plenty of sacrifices I’ve had to make, and plenty of times I wanted to throw in the towel.
I constantly find that I have to keep selling to myself that building a property portfolio is the right thing to do and that the payoff at the end will be significantly greater than any short-term sacrifice I’m making now. A quick and punchy way to remind me of this and to reaffirm that property investing is the best form of accumulating wealth over the long term is by reading quotes from successful investors whenever I need that extra kick of motivation.
It’s worked for me so I wanted to share with you my top nine favourite real estate investing quotes that keeps me sold on this game and focused on my goals.
1. “90 per cent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate… The wise young man or wage earner of today invests his money in real estate.” – Andrew Carnegie (billionaire industrialist)
2. ”The rich buy assets. The poor only have expenses. The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets. The poor and the middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them.” – Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad Poor Dad)
3. “Never depend on a single income. Make investments to create a second source.” – Warren Buffet (investor and philanthropist)
4. “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.” – Gordon B. Hickey (researcher)
5. “Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual’s cash flow and wealth.” – Robert Kiyosaki (author of Rich Dad Poor Dad)
6. “Landlords grow rich in their sleep without working, risking or economising.” – John Stuart Mill (political economist)
7. “Real estate is at the core of almost every business, and it’s certainly at the core of most people’s wealth. In order to build your wealth and improve your business smarts, you need to know about real estate.” – Donald Trump (US President)
8. “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen (businessman and politician)
9. “Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity had devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security.” – Russell Sage (financier and politician)